About Brooks Automation, Inc.
Brooks is a leading worldwide provider of automation and cryogenic solutions for multiple markets including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences. Brooks’ technologies, engineering competencies and global service capabilities provide customers speed to market and ensure high uptime and rapid response, which equate to superior value in their mission-critical controlled environments. Since 1978, Brooks has been a leading partner to the global semiconductor manufacturing market as a provider of precision automation and cryogenic vacuum solutions. Since 2011, Brooks has applied its automation and cryogenics expertise to meet the sample storage needs of customers in the life sciences industry. Brooks’ life sciences offerings include a broad range of products and services for on-site infrastructure for sample management in temperatures of 20°C to -150°C, as well as comprehensive outsource service solutions across the complete life cycle of biological samples including collection, transportation, processing, storage, protection, retrieval and disposal. Brooks is headquartered in Chelmsford, MA, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.brooks.com.
Reasons to buy – BROOKS AUTOMATION
High level decisions on buy or sell for a stock should be driven by
1. The margin that the company makes. i.e. Out of $1 that the company sells how much does the company taken home.
- Here we see BROOKS AUTOMATION makes a margin of 40% on Gross Level and about 32% on Net level. This means that out of $1 that it makes $0.32 is being pocketed as profits.
2. The growth rates of the company on revenue, net income, EPS and Dividend. i.e. If it sold $1 last year how much more did it sell this year.
- Here we see net revenue growth of 22% in the revenue and the net profit figures grew by 378%.
3. The efficiency ratios of the company on Equity and Assets. i.e. How well is the company able to sweat each $1 that it puts to work in the company.
- Here we see BROOKS AUTOMATION makes a Return on Assets of 25% and Return of Equity of 38% which is pretty good.
GOLD STANDARD : This is one of the no-debate stocks that are a must have in ones portfolio.
All these ratios can be found in the attached excel sheets and are based on the EDGAR report submitted by BROOKS AUTOMATION to the SEC. All the data on the above analysis can be found at the link below